In Vitro Fertilization is commonly known as IVF. This procedure is an Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). It is a procedure, in which fertilization happens through the extraction of the eggs as well as retrieving of the sample of a sperm. After that, the combination of the egg and the sperm are done manually in a laboratory glass dish. Following the procedure, the embryo(s) will be transferred into the uterus. zygote Intrafallopian Transfer (ZIFT) and Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT) are two other forms of the Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART).
When IVF is used
The IVF procedure is generally used in the treatment of infertility in the following situations of the patients:
- In the case of the damaged or blocked fallopian tubes.
- The Male factor infertility, which includes sperm motility or decreases the number of sperm count.
- Women, who have the premature ovarian failure, ovulation disorders, uterine fibroids etc.
- Women whose fallopian tubes have been removed.
- The persons, who have the genetic disorder.
- People, who have unexplained infertility.
The best IVF doctor in India can be found in the many places of the India. They provide the best treatments to the patients. The success rates per-cycle of the of the IVF success of the women are 40% or higher. In the major part of the women, the success rates per-cycle are 20-35%. This concept helps to encourage her if the first cycle doesn’t work. A woman can consult to a Doctor if she wants to try more than one cycle. Four to six weeks are required to complete one IVF cycle. It takes a few weeks to mature the eggs. It generally takes about half a day for a couple at the office or clinic of the Doctor to have their eggs being retrieved and fertilized.
The IVF procedure involves these following two major steps:
- The collection of the Sperm is done through the masturbation or by a small incision, in which Sperm are taken from a testicle. If a blockage prevents sperm ejaculation or there is any sperm development problem, then the particular procedure is used. After the sperm collection, the sperm has been frozen at the beginning time. After that, the sperm will be thawed and this is done on the day when the eggs have been collected.
- In a particular glass dish, the eggs and sperm will be placed. They will be carefully incubated at a particular temperature, then incubated with the atmospheric and lastly with the infection control for the duration of 48 to 120 hours. After fertilization of about 2 to 5 days, the selections of the best- fertilized eggs are performed. Through the cervix part, one to three will be placed inside the uterus with the help of the catheter (a flexible thin tube). The remaining ones may be preserved frozen for the attempts in the future, this is called cryopreserved.
There is a range of the best infertility specialist in India, who will provide the best IVF service to the people. They will listen to your problems and give you the suggestions suitable for you. So the couples, who are very confused about the IVF procedure, are suggested to book an IVF Doctor’s appointment.